Welcome to The White Rabbit Reviews.

I am The White Rabbit. Follow me.

 


I write reviews about Pubs, Hotels, Restaurants and Attractions in Thanet. 


WHO AM I?

Follow me to Wonderland, down the rabbit hole we must go! 

My journeys take me far around our little island looking for things that say try me, eat me, drink me, where do I start, where shall I stop? “Begin at the beginning”, the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

“Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” but the question is, who are you?


This is The White Rabbit, follow me


WHERE AM I?

Indeed, where are you? What is this Wonderland called Thanet?

Thanet is a former island on the east Kent coast, England. It was once an island, but no longer, so far back that no one can remember, but that is irrelevant as the only thing you really need to know is that it has 3 main towns being Ramsgate, Broadstairs and Margate.


Is this Wonderland? It has been many things. It has been so far down the rabbit hole it can barely remember what it was, but that is not to say that there are some that believe in what it should or could be. Some people believe.

“You know you say things are “much of a muchness” — did you ever see such a thing as a drawing of a muchness?’ 

It has been this muchness that has made this area a place to rediscover, explore. A place to try, to taste.  

A place where anything is possible, even when the impossible is probable. A place of muchness no more. 

A word of warning though “For if one drinks much from a bottle marked ‘poison,’ it’s almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later.”

I will take you around this Wonderland, I will show you what to taste, and the bottles marked poison, well on that point some may disagree, but if that wasn't the case, there would be no fun being me!

If you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?


HOW AM I?

I am well thank-you, how do you do too?


The question of how is really the question of why am I? Well that would be a question of my purpose, and seeing as I only answer to myself my purpose is what I choose it to be?

What is my reason?

I will give you this, It is occasional word play textured by the influence of The White Rabbit as a symbolic guide used to lead the way, and I draw from references from the Alice in Wonderland adventure, and quite unashamedly geekily, The Matrix movies.

The narrative of those stories blend gorgeously to explain the question: 

Where do we want to go? Where do we want to eat? Where do we want to drink? 

My purpose is not just about how I enjoyed a meal or how nice someone was to me, as much as this is important, it is often not as important as the question of Why?

If you are a Pub, Restaurant or Attraction in this Wonderland, you need to understand your why.

Why is the question I seek to answer.  


“If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.”


My reviews are unique as they are not just a general muse with a side order of a critique. They are intended to show you, the customer, the truth, and the owner of the business the reality. 
Some will be celebrated, some will have to drink from their own bottle of poison.

In order to provide a measure, I award stars. I am unbiased, I see what I see. 

 I will award 1 star for each standard met.

1) Is it to the expected standard?

2) Does it do something that you have always wanted to try?  

3) Is it fairly priced? 

4) Cleanliness, including customer toilets 

5) Service 

A BONUS STAR Will be awarded for each category in exceptional circumstances where they are shown to be excelling.

 
CONTRIBUTING EVIDENCE
There is much more to a business that needs understanding. The answers to these questions help us to understand what they are really all about.

These are indicators which any hospitality business should understand, and excel at.


A) Does it have a clear and relevant identity?

B) Does it stand out for quality and standards?

C) Is there areas of the business that someone else does better?

D) Does it diversify?

E) Will customers return without hesitation?


 

Let's see how far the rabbit hole goes.  

Follow the White Rabbit Reviews 

#whiterabbitreviews 

@whiterabbitRVW









Comments